Sunday, February 26, 2012

You should make this...



....even though my picture may have you scrunching up your nose in disgust.

I am not a photographer.

But I can serve up a mean pork roast.

Who knew!?

I never buy pork roast.  However, Pinterest has inspired me to make and try things I never have attempted before.

And then there's the whole crock-pot obsession.  If a crock-pot is involved, I'm pretty much in.

Anyway.

This recipe is a keeper, as the mister loved it.  Leftovers were tasty too.  It took maybe ten minutes to prepare, then I walked away until it was time to serve it up.  And the house smelled great all day long.

*   *   *   *

Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast
(copied straight from the original source)

Ingredients:

1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp dried basil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.  Place roast in slow cooker.  In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork.  Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.

Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm.  To make the gravy, skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan.  Bring liquid to a boil.  Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.  Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.  Slice roast; serve with gravy.

*   *   *   *

I served this with mashed potatoes (like the source suggested).  The next night, I heated up the leftovers alongside baked potatoes.  

I will admit to a mishap with the gravy.  I completely scorched the first batch.  Luckily, there were plenty of drippings to do a take two.  And it was worth it....


So go buy a pork roast.

Do it.

Then, because you'll have soy sauce and honey on hand, make Crock-pot Honey Sesame Chicken

Yeah, do that too.

But maybe on a different day.

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Linking up with....



11 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!! I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a perfect Sunday dinner........then you can feast all week!

      Delete
  2. I really need to use my slow cooker more often and I should start with this pork roast. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO easy! And the time involved was minimal!

      Delete
  3. Ok, yum!! I don't usually make roasts either, but I'm definitely trying this one. -Kelly @ Semi Homemade Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm a few years late but I was looking for a different recipe for my pork roast this time and found your recipe! Wouldn't you know it? I'm low on soy sauce (made fajitas yesterday) and no parm (pasta on Sunday)! I'm headed to the store, but since it only takes 6-7 hours, I'm still good for dinner tonight! Lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! You'll have to come back and tell me what you think! I hope you love it!

      Delete